Studying to become a Medical Qigong Practitioner is an integrated step-by-step process. Each class, each internship, and each experience builds on one another – helping you to progress into becoming a more skilled practitioner.
Open to all health care professionals, students of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and those interested in Chinese energetic medicine, the IIMQ offers a multi-level certification program designed to teach the theory and practical application of Medical Qigong Therapy.
Emphasis is placed on both analytical/deductive and intuitive approaches. Students comprehend and utilize Medical Qigong Therapy for cultivation, regulation and clinical application. The experiential aspect of the course is well balanced with a solid theoretical foundation.
The Chinese Medical Qi Gong Practitioner Program with Noel Taylor is a 200 hour program, comprised of four 5-day seminars in Victoria, BC. There are reading, clinical practice, exam and homework assignments between seminars with a practical and written exam for completion of the certification.
- MQP 1: Introduction to Medical Qigong TherapyThis first course is designed to introduce the student to Medical Qigong exercises to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds, and reconnect with their spirit. Medical Qigong exercises will be taught that help the body correct the physical and energetic imbalances. This strengthens and regulates internal organs, nervous system and immune system, relieves pain, ...
- MQP 2: Introduction to Assessment and TreatmentsThe three energy centers and energy fields. This second course is designed to introduce the student to the further theories of energy purgation, tonification, regulation and cultivation. In addition, strengthening the body’s protective energy field (Wei Qi) and the techniques used to avoid absorbing Toxic Qi while in a clinical environment will be discussed. Students are led ...
- MQP 3: Clinical Foundations of Medical Qigong TherapyThis third course is designed to offer the student an overview of the major principles and foundational structures that govern Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong. Other topics covered include: Three levels of Ancient Daoist Mysticism Four Functional Properties of Energy Materializing and Dematerializing Energy Establishing a Medical Qigong Clinic Combining Medical Qigong with other Integrative Healing Modalities Qi Emitting Methods (including Invisible Needle, ...
- MQP 4: The Supportive Treatment of Organ Diseases and Medical Qigong Prescription ExercisesThis fourth course offers the student an overview of the major principles and foundational structures that govern Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong. This course is designed to introduce students to the advanced theories and clinical modalities of Internal Organ treatment, as well as the Medical Qigong Exercises and Meditations prescribed as homework in the Medical Qigong ...
- Medical Qigong: Clinical Theatre, Internship, and Final ExaminationThis seminar will be the culminating event for each of the certification programs (MQP, MQT, and MMQ). Beyond the theoretical and practical exams, it offers the student exposure and first hand experience of medical qigong assessment and supportive treatments. The student will study and experience different aspects of energetic dysfunctions and symptom manifestations. The instructor ...
In the clinical internship, the academic and theoretical knowledge gained in the medical qigong courses gets put into practical application. The objective is for the student to become confident in assessing and offering supportive treatment for patients, as well as creating and maintaining accurate clinical records.
After completing “Introduction to Assessment and Supportive Treatments” (Course 2), the student may begin to offer supportive treatment to patients and gain clinical experience.
As the student gains experience and attends more advanced courses their knowledge and abilities will increase as will their abilities to assess and offer supportive treatment to more challenging cases.
The student is expected to keep complete histories on patient which include patient histories, treatments, and prescription exercises.
Prior to completing certification for MQP the student must provide copies of clinic log (verifying clinic hours), a sample of patient histories, and case studies (samples will be provided later).
Registration and Fees
Class enrollment will be limited, a $350 non refundable deposit will ensure your place in the program. Deposit cheques will be held until the first day of the class when the balance for that class will be due. The cost per seminar will be $800. Canadian funds when you enroll in a program. The same course of study in California costs $1800 US per session so this is a great opportunity at a reasonable price.
If you would like to attend MQP #1 seminar only the fee for that class is $900. Upon receipt of your deposit, all of the information for ordering the course manuals and recommended reading assignments will be forwarded to you.