Studying to become a Medical Qigong Therapist is an integrated step-by-step process. Each class, each internship, and each experience builds on one another – helping you to progress into a skilled practitioner.
Open to all health care professionals, students of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and those interested in Chinese energetic medicine, the IIMQ offers a multi-level certification program designed to teach the theory and practical application of Medical Qigong Therapy.
Emphasis is placed on both analytical/deductive and intuitive approaches. Students comprehend and utilize Medical Qigong Therapy for cultivation, regulation and clinical application. The experiential aspect of the course is well balanced with a solid theoretical foundation.
The Chinese Medical Qi Gong Therapist Program with Noel Taylor is a 500 hour program, comprised of four 5-day seminars in Victoria, BC. There are reading, clinical practice, exam and homework assignments between seminars with a practical and written exam for completion of the certification.
- MQT 5: Sensory, Intuitive, and Perceptual AssessmentIntroduction to Energetic Differential Assessment Overview of Assessment According to the Eight Energetic Principles Overview of Assessment According to Dysfunctions of Qi, Blood, and Body Fluids Overview of Assessment According tho the Five Element Theories Understanding Sensory, Intuitive and Perceptual Assessment Applications of Sensory, Intuitive and Perceptual Assessment Auxiliary Medical Qigong Healing Modalities Medical Qigong Treatment Using Talismans Medical Qigong and the Use of ...
- MQT 6: Medical Qigong Dao Yin Therapy and Rectifying Qi DeviationsIntroduction to Medical Qigong Dao Yin Training Medical Qigong Postural Training Medical Qigong Respiratory Training Medical Qigong Mental Dao Yin Training Introduction to Qi Deviations Rectifying Qi Deviations with Medical Qigong Therapy Dealing with Psychic Attacks Using Mantras for Protection Encounters with Ghosts and Spirit Entities Treating Demon and Spirit Oppression and Possession Prerequisite: All MQP courses
- MQT 7: Medical Qigong in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Gynaecology, Neurology and Energetic PsychologyMedical Qigong Therapy and Pediatrics Medical Qigong Therapy and Geriatrics Medical Qigong Therapy and Gynaecology Medical Qigong Therapy and Neurology Medical Qigong Therapy and Energy Psychology Prerequisite: All MQP courses
- MQT 8: Introduction to Medical Qigong Therapy for Oncology (1)History of Oncology in Chinese Medical Qi Gong Therapy Introduction to Clinical Protocols Supportive Clinical Protocols for Cancers: Brain, Breast, Lung, Ovarian, Cervical, Prostate, Colon Working with the Chakra Gates Colour Therapy in Medical Qi Gong Prerequisite: All MQP courses
- Medical Qigong: Clinical Theatre, Internship, and Final ExaminationThis seminar will be the culminating event for each of the certification programs (MQP, MQT, and MMQ). Beyond the theoretical and practical exams, it offers the student exposure and first hand experience of medical qigong assessment and supportive treatments. The student will study and experience different aspects of energetic dysfunctions and symptom manifestations. The instructor ...
In the clinical internship, the academic and theoretical knowledge gained in the medical qigong courses gets put into practical application. The objective is for the student to become confident in assessing and offering supportive treatment for patients, as well as creating and maintaining accurate clinical records.
After completing “Introduction to Assessment and Supportive Treatments” (Course 2), the student should begin to offer supportive treatment to patients and gain clinical experience.
As the student gains experience and attends more advanced courses their knowledge and abilities will increase as will their abilities to assess and offer supportive treatment to more challenging cases.
The student is expected to keep complete histories on patients which include patient histories, supportive treatments, and prescription exercises.
Prior to completing certification for MQT the student must provide copies of clinic log (verifying clinic hours), a sample of patient histories, and case studies (samples will be provided later).
Registration and Fees
Class enrollment will be limited, a $350 non refundable deposit will ensure your place in the program. Deposit cheques will be held until the first day of the class when the balance for that class will be due. The cost per seminar will be $800. Canadian funds when you enroll in a program or $900 per seminar when attended individually. The same course of study in California costs $1800 US per session so this is a great opportunity at a reasonable price. Upon receipt of your deposit, all of the information for ordering the course manuals and recommended reading assignments will be forwarded to you.