This fourth course offers the student an overview of the major principles and foundational structures that govern Traditional Chinese Medical Qigong. This course is designed to introduce students to the advanced theories and clinical modalities of Internal Organ treatment, as well as the Medical Qigong Exercises and Meditations prescribed as homework in the Medical Qigong Clinic.
Other topics covered include:
- Supportive Treatment approaches to Liver diseases
- Supportive Treatment approaches to Heart diseases
- Supportive Treatment approaches to Spleen diseases
- Supportive Treatment approaches to Stomach diseases
- Supportive Treatment approaches to Lung diseases
- Supportive Treatment approaches to Kidney diseases
Students will have a deeper comprehension of specific Organ diseases as they pertain to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Assessment, and Medical Qigong prescriptions. Emphasis will be placed on the practical clinical applications of Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy.
Required text: “Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy: A Comprehensive Clinical Text” or “The Secret Teachings of Chinese Energetic Medicine” Volumes 1 – 4
Reading Assignments: Sections 9-10 (Chapters 38-47)
Prerequisite: Introduction to Clinical Foundations of Chinese Medical Qigong (MQP 3)